Students who have been selected by the Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES) or the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) to receive a Ciência sem Fronteiras scholarship for studies in Canada will be contacted directly by CNPq and invited to submit their application online through a protected portal. For information about the application process and in order to familiarize yourself with the required documentation ahead of time, please consult the Application Guidelines below.
How to Apply for a CsF Scholarship
To apply for a Canada-Brazil Ciência sem Fronteiras Scholarship, candidates should:
- complete the online application form (through a protected portal);
- have electronic versions of the requested supporting documents ready to upload to the online application form;
- verify the data prior to submission and check the permission box;
- enter the information directly into the field or copy and paste it from another source;
- click SUBMIT for the online application. A confirmation page and reference number will appear after submission; and
- make arrangements to have the requested official, certified documents submitted directly to the Canadian Bureau for International Education.
Candidates have the option of saving a hard copy of their scholarship application for record keeping by printing the form prior to submitting using the print function in the browser.
After completing the online application form, you will be prompted to upload and attach the following documents to the online application form in .pdf format.
- Original academic transcript in Portuguese
- Academic transcript in English or French (certified)
- Language test results (English or French)
- Copy of your valid passport (if your passport expires sooner than six months prior to the travel date, you must apply for a new one)
- Signed and dated consent form
All online applications received by the deadline that meet the eligibility requirements will be reviewed by the Canadian Bureau for International Education.
When completing the application form, candidates may specify up to three institutions at which they would like to be placed in Canada. The Canadian Bureau for International Education will seek to respond to the applicant’s preference, but does not guarantee placement at the institution(s) selected.
The Canadian Bureau for International Education will submit applications to Canadian institutions on behalf of eligible candidates and may coordinate with the candidate should further information be required by a Canadian institution.
The Canadian Bureau for International Education will notify successful candidates of their placement. Specific details regarding accommodation, work placement and language studies will be provided at this time.
Please note that successful candidates will be responsible for their own travel arrangements, visa requirements and health insurance.