CBIE Excellence Awards
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we are pleased to call for nominations for CBIE’s 2016 Excellence Awards to be presented at our 50th Anniversary Conference in November in Ottawa.
Designed to honour excellence in the field of international education at different levels and in a range of specialties, the award categories refer to CBIE’s four pillars: EXPERTISE. KNOWLEDGE. OPPORTUNITY. LEADERSHIP.
We hope that you and your institution will take this opportunity to recognize individuals and institutions for their many contributions to CBIE and to Canada’s success in international education.
Nominations may be submitted by the following:
- Individual members of a CBIE member institution or a group of member institutions
- CBIE associate or institutional members
- Official partners that have a Memorandum of Understanding with CBIE
- Detailed criteria for each award can be found in Award Criteria
- Nominations are not accepted for current members of the Board of Directors
- Former Board members may be nominated
- Only online nominations will be accepted
- Nominators must start and complete the nomination in one session. The nomination browser page will time out after three hours. Please read questions to prepare in advance
- CBIE reserves the right to refrain from giving an award in any of the ten categories and to change the category of a nomination, as it deems appropriate. Award winners will be honoured at CBIE’s 50th annual conference in Ottawa, November 13-16, 2016.
Nomination deadline: Wednesday, June 15 at 23h59 Eastern Time
Ten Excellence Awards
CBIE Founders Award for Excellence in International Education: Awarded to an individual whose contributions to and support for international education is recognized and highly valued. This outstanding individual personifies CBIE’s central value proposition: “Expertise. Knowledge. Opportunity. Leadership”.
CBIE Member Emeritus: Designation of an individual to recognize long-term service and support for CBIE as they retire from the field.
CBIE President’s Award for Distinguished Leadership in International Education: Awarded to an individual to recognize outstanding leadership in the internationalization of Canadian education and/or the international education profession beyond their home institution.
CBIE Chair’s Award for Meritorious Service: Awarded to an individual in order to recognize outstanding service to international education primarily focused within his/her institution or organization.
CBIE Panorama Award for Outstanding International Education Program: Awarded to a team or individual to recognize innovation and excellence in design, planning, implementation and management of high quality endeavours in international education.
CBIE Catalyst Award for Research Leadership: Awarded to an individual or group of individuals for bringing cutting-edge knowledge to the field of international education.
CBIE Board of Directors Award for Comprehensive Internationalization: Awarded to institutions or school districts that are executing well-planned, creative and purposeful strategies toward comprehensive internationalization.
CBIE North Star Award for Emerging Leader in International Education: Awarded to a new professional who has shown extraordinary promise in the field of international education; to recognize and encourage outstanding individuals to continue in the field.
CBIE New World Award for Student Leadership in International Education: Awarded to a Canadian student or group of students in order to recognize those who contribute in a positive way to internationalization of their campus community.
CBIE Elizabeth Paterson Award for International Student Leadership in International Education: Awarded to an international student or group of students in order to recognize those who contribute in a positive way to internationalization of their campus community.
We hope you and your institution will take this opportunity to recognize individuals and institutions for their many contributions to CBIE and to Canada’s success in international education.
For further information on the CBIE Excellence Awards, please email AHajjar@cbie.ca.